Saturday, September 3, 2011

Snack Attack: Numero uno.

Snacks are awesome. We all know this. What isn't awesome? Sometimes they add a large amount of calories to your daily total if you aren't careful. There are plenty of great options if you feel a little nibbly between meals. Here are some of my current favorites!

Chocolate-fix
-Fiber one 90 calorie brownie-


I'm a woman. That isn't a secret. I also have the stereotypical, head over heels kind of love for chocolate. Chocolate usually means bad news bears unless you are excellent with self control, which I can sometimes lack with my rabid sweet tooth. One day, the clouds parted and behold:

These guys entered my life. The name says it all, 90 calories of delicious brownie. They are so good, even my husband was stunned that it was low calorie. The portion size is a little on the small side, but if you nibble it slowly it is definitely filling and satisfies that nagging drive to eat chocolate. They also come in a peanut butter version, which is great, but not AS good as the fudge.

Runner up...
-Deep Chocolate Vitatops-


I cannot tell you enough how fantastic these vitatops are. (Though honestly i've only found one flavor I don't like) These muffins are only 100 calories a pop, and are filling enough to be an entire breakfast. You can microwave them, toast them in your toaster or eat them straight. You can top them with a little fat free cool-whip or even fruit. More grocery stores are beginning to carry them in their freezer sections, but you can also order them online here. The site also has a store locator so you can find out if they are carried locally.

That's it for this edition of Snack Attack. Stay tuned for more in the future! Also feel free to shoot me questions or suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment