Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Super Easy Spanish Rice

  The husband loves all things rice, but normally my rice fluctuates between watery or hard. Once upon a time, when I lived in Connecticut, I used to be able to make perfect rice. It just doesn't seem possible here, and there really isn't a good explanation for that. Sometimes the husband goes out and buys me a few new toys for the kitchen. The newest additions are a rice cooker/steamer and a beautiful rolling pin. I didn't venture to think too much about making variations of rice before I had the cooker, but suddenly it struck me that there are a million possibilities. My previous recipe for stuffed peppers calls for instant Spanish rice. Why not do one better budgetwise and qualitywise, and make it yourself?

LC's Super Easy Spanish Rice
Makes two cups of rice


1 cup uncooked rice, whichever type you prefer
2 cups water
2 tablespoons of ketchup
1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder
3/4 teaspoon of chili powder
1 teaspoon salt

  This recipe has no prep pictures, because it's really just that easy. This is possible to make without the rice cooker, but I am going to provide the recipe as if you are using it. Dump your rice into the bowl of the rice cooker. Add water until the first water line, or alternatively add about two cups of water. Add in all remaining ingredients, stir to combine. Place the lid on the rice cooker and hit the switch to cook. This will take about 30 minutes to cook. You don't even need to use this in the stuffed peppers, as it is fantastic entirely on it's own. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment